1. What did you do in 2014 that you’d never done before?
Train on my own for a half marathon
2. Did you keep your new years’ resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I don’t make new years resolutions so no I didn’t
3. How will you be spending New Year’s Eve?
This is not decided yet but most likely will be at home with family and then I might go to church depending on how tired I am.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
My uncle passed away after a long battle with cancer.
5. What countries did you visit?
Um… None. How boring is my life?
6. What would you like to have in 2015 that you lacked in 2014?
A longer fuse. My temper is always my downfall.
7. What date from 2014 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
15th January 2014, it is the day I welcomed my little girl into the world and she starting shining her little light.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Transitioning relatively easily to being a mother of two. Also training for a half marathon with a 7 month old teething baby.
9. What was your biggest failure?
I don’t really think I had a failure big enough to make a fuss about. Which is really quite an achievement. Many small failures but no biggies.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Thank God no. Our family did go through what seemed like an endless cycle of lurgi for about 3 months but nothing more serious than that.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
My Asics Gel Nimbus running shoes
12. Where did most of your money go?
Bills, bills and more bills
13. What song will always remind you of 2014?
The Sam Smith One and Happy by Pharrrel
14. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Read books and sleep
15. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Shout at my kid
16. What were your favourite TV shows?
Vikings, Game of Thrones, Masters of Sex
17. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
18. What was the best book you read?
Sadly I didn’t read nearly enough books. I did love The Sisterhood by Helen Bryan though
19. What was your greatest musical discovery?
I’m just really not that into music. I kinda listen to the radio and have music as my “white noise”
20. What was your favourite film of this year?
Planes Fire & Rescue… only because I think it was pretty much the only movie we saw on the big screen and it was Kade’s first “big screen” experience. Seeing him get to experience it was a thrill.
21. What did you do on your birthday
I honestly cannot remember. Clearly it was SUPER FUN ;-)
22. What kept you sane?
Running, Wine and my family.
23. Who did you miss?
I missed my Dad quite a bit at very odd times this year.
24. Who was the best new person you met?
Oh gosh, I met so many amazing people this year.
25. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2014
Life is achingly short. Never waste a SECOND because we are NEVER guaranteed another breath.