Sorry I’ve been quiet, but we just had a bank holiday here in SA and I took full advantage of it by having myself a nice long weekend 😉 Still no closer to having completed the Christmas shopping but we hope to get that done sometime before Christmas… and yes internets I know I’m running out of time! ONE WEEK TO CHRISTMAS!!! I simply cannot believe it! 2008 had literally blasted away.
So back to taking care of the business at hand, while I was on a quiet diet, I was tagged by Babysmiling.
The rules are:
1. Link to the person who tagged you.
2. Share 7 random and/or weird facts about you.
3. Tag 7 random people at the end, and include links to their blogs.
Right so here we go:
1. As a kid I used to hang my barbie dolls from a tree and pretend that they had been kidnapped and that the Ken doll had to save them. I just LOVED the idea of Barbie being this damsel in distress being saved by her knight in shining armour. * dreamy sigh* Sometimes though the situation would get out of hand and Ken would be too late to save his love and she would be cut down from the tree to fall to her death. (Macabre I know but I loved it)
2. My absolute worst pet hate is when people call you and have the wrong number and JUST PUT THE PHONE DOWN. It is NOT going to kill those ass wipes to say a simple “sorry wrong number”. It really drives me dilly.
3. In 12 years of schooling I went to 10 different schools. And when one considers that from half way through Grade 8 (Std 6) to Grade 12 (Matric) I was in one school you can imagine how many times I moved schools while a lightie. These included a stint at home schooling (not good, not good at all) as well as a tiny German school where the only subject I passed was English – all the others were taught in German – go figure.
4. While I worked in Egypt a few years back I came really close to being able to hold conversations with my staff in Arabic. Tough language to learn. But just as I was getting the hang of it my visa expired and I had to high tail it out of dodge.
5. My Dad can wiggle his ears. I have always wanted to be able to do that. It would be such entertainment for our future kids (see positive thinking) but alas I did not inherit that wiggle the ear gene. Strangely neither did my sister or half brother. Maybe Dad is an alien?
6. I’m pretty flexible. Even now with the added padding I’m carrying around I am able to put my leg behind my head from a sitting position. Great party trick.
7. I’m also a pretty great burper. I used to be able to burp “Supercalafragilisticexpialidosious”. I don’t think I can do that today, but I do know that if you need someone on your side in a burping contest I’m your girl.
I suck at tagging people, so if you’re so inclined, please feel free to tag yourself! But remember to link back to me so I can read all about your weirdness. Come on people. Don’t make me feel weird all on my own 😉
I was also given an award.
A pretty special one that was created by Murgdan and given to me by my friend Sharon. Shaz, thanks for the award. I know my positivity can be a bit annoying at times – but everyone needs a silver lined ute at some point in their lives – I’ll always be on hand to flash that sparkly ute for ya. Love ya too!!! And consider yourself gifted with this award twice over.
I would like to hand this award over to some special gals too…
Bee Cee – for showing me that determination and grit gets a girl far. You’re in my thoughts and prayers daily my friend. I hope with all my heart that you get your deserved prize for all the guts and grit you’ve shown on your journey.
Tam– in the short time we’ve known each other I’ve really come to call you “friend”. You’re an incredibly strong amazing chicken. And I thought you should be reminded of that!
Aunt Becky – you make me laugh, and laugh and laugh. You’re such a cool chick and one day when I’m big – I wanna be cool like you.
Brenda – you’ve been a special source of steadiness for me in my down times. Thank you for taking the time to make me feel better even when you’ve been feeling down yourself.
In fact to each and everyone of you who read this blog and keep me sane. You are all my sparkly ute’s – so give yourselves a pat on the back and have a glass of wine on me.
So that concludes the business, “proper” post soon I promise!