Thanks Mel for this award, I’m thrilled to receive it 🙂
The rules for Honest Scrap are:
1) Choose a minimum of 7 blogs that you find brilliant in content or design.
2) Show the 7 winners names and links on your blog, and leave a comment informing them that they were prized with “Honest Scrap.” Well, there’s no prize, but they can keep the nifty icon.
3) List at least 10 honest things about yourself.
Hmmm 10 honest things about myself, here goes:
1. While growing up I was an army brat – my father was relatively high up in the food chain army wise and I made the most of that. I can’t tell you how many times the bus driver had to drive right up to our house to collect us to get us to school cos we (my sister and I) were late/lazy to walk to the stop.
2. I have an unhealthy obsession with savoury snacks – give me chips, nuts, crackers etc anyday over chocolate!
3. My maths skills suck! Ask me to write a letter, article anything but please don’t ask me to add or subtract etc in my head. That is what calculators were invented for. The time for doing maths in one’s head are WAY long gone… IMO of course 😉
4. I HATE ironing with a passion. When our domestic worker goes on her annual leave it really is the worst thing I have to do while she is away. Ask me to scrub loo’s – anything else but ironing.
5. I am really competitive. When I’m involved in a competition of some sort I play to win. Otherwise what’s the point?
6. I’m really not a girly girl and I think I’ll be a better boy mom than a girl mom. (That being said I will take whatever I can get at this stage.) I don’t really do the whole shoe thing, handbag thing and lipstick thing. I’m more rough and tumble and into sports.
7. I *knew* on our second date that Cliff was the man I was going to marry. I never really believed the whole “you just know the one when you meet them” stuff but it was true with him and I. I just knew we were going to be together. It took him a whole lot longer to get with the programe but all’s well that ends well.
8. I am a true Gemini. I have a nasty side that when provoked can be quite scary. It does not come out often but when it does it is not pretty.
9. My animals are incredibly spoilt. They are not animals to me – they are an integral part of our family. I allow them on the couch, on the bed and they really are two of the highlights of my day 98% of days. (When they dig in my garden they are not so much the highlights of the day – that equals the 2%)
10. I kept my maiden name when I got married and double barreled it cos my family are so important to me. Many ppl think it is a feminist thing and maybe a small part of it is. But I really just thought that my family have helped shape who I am, why on earth did I have to give up my claim to them cos I was marrying into another family who shaped my husband? I don’t ever regret doing this – even when ppl get all confused by it and ask me millions of questions or when I run out of space on forms etc..
Now for the business part of this award – 7 bloggers that I love… tough choice! I love all the blogs I read and follow, but here we go:
Brenda, Sharon, Elize, Maritza, Chicklet, Murgdan and Dee
You girls consistently lay out “Honest scrap” for us to read, gain knowledge from and share. You rock.