con•nect (ke -n kt )
v. con•nect•ed, con•nect•ing, con•nects
- To join or fasten together
- To associate or consider as related: no reason to connect the two events. See Synonyms at join.
- To join to or by means of a communications circuit: Please connect me to the number in San Diego. Her computer is connected to the internet.
- To plug in (an electrical cord or device) to an outlet.
- To become joined or united: two streams connecting to form a river.
- To be scheduled so as to provide continuing service, as between airplanes or buses.
- To establish a rapport or relationship: relate: The candidate failed to connect with the voters.
- Sports To hit or play a ball successfully: The batter connecte3d for a home run.
I thought about my word for the year quite a bit. I really wanted to find a word that made sense and “clicked” for me as well as my word for last year did. There were a few words that came to mind but honestly none of them were clicking. None of them were making any sense to me.
I attended the new years eve service at Church and it was amazing. I felt such a strong connection to God as I crossed over into the new year and I just knew. My word for 2013 was to be connect. At the heart of it all, life is all about connections. We connect in so many different ways whether it’s with our family and friends, at work, with God, online, while reading, talking, listening… its all about connecting and the connections made.
I believe with all my heart that 2013 is going to be a great year. I know that life will happen. There will be tough times. There will be good times. There will be average times. But through all the “times” that I will have to face in the year, I will be connected to someone, something in some way, shape or form.
I really want to focus on my connection with God this year. He’s been so good to me and has done so much for me in my life that I want to draw closer to Him and grow in Him.
I want to focus on my connections with my family and friends.
I want to focus on my connection with work and grow and expand in my career.
As always I want to maintain a healthy strong and loving connection with my husband and my son.
I’m excited for this year. I cannot wait to see what it’s going to bring for me.