UPDATED NOW WITH # 23 😉
Thanks to everyone for your insightful and thougthful comments on my last post, I’m busy digesting what each of you said.
1. Who was your first prom date? John White – matric farewell… he wore a funky dress suit shirt with Rupert the bear characters on his sleeves – we thought he was shit hot for doing that 😉 He spent most of the evening outside the school hall with his (one year younger) girlfriend (at our school you had to go with someone in your class / year – no outside dates allowed) while I partied up a storm with my 2nd date. Oh? Did I not mention that I went with 2 boys? John was my date date and Graham, well chicks were mean to him at school (bet they sorry now he’s hottie naval officer) and no-one would agree to go with him, so I double dated for the night.
2. Do you still talk to your first love? My first love was horribly unrequited, and as much as I’m “friends” with him on FB, I don’t talk to him at all
3. What was your first alcoholic drink? Wine, and Brandy & Coke, we were always allowed to have sips from his drink or a little wine at dinner from about 7 onwards.
4. What was your first job? I was a waitress at the local sports club. Crap work and crap tips.
5. What was your first car? My blue UNO – I loved that car!
6. Who was the first person to text you today? First National Bank
7. Who was the first person you thought of this morning? My husband, I wondered if he was already making tea or not 😉
8. Who was your first grade teacher? Mrs Spring, she was divine, had blue eyes and long blonde hair and used to give us hugs before toilet time…
9. Where did you go on your first flight in a plane? Gosh, can’t remember… probably Durban or Cape Town…
10. Who was your first best friend and do you still talk? Samantha Illingworth. We lost touch cos we moved so much but FB has put us back in contact. Thanks FB 🙂
11. Where was your first sleepover? At my cousins house – I was the baby and the older cousins all ignored me – so I made a fort out of the blankies and would not let them in when they discovered how cool it was – revenge is sweet!
12. Who was the first person you talked to today? Clifford, think he’s still not quite used to getting more than a grunt out of me inthe mornings 😉
13. Whose wedding were you in for the first time? My aunt’s – I was her flower girl 🙂 had to wear this aweful peach dress with white baby’s breath flowers in my hair – very 80’s
14. What was the first thing you did this morning? Open my eyes
15. What was the first concert you went to? Indecent Obsession!! SA was sadly lacking in the live concert arena for many years!
16. First tattoo? Don’t have one – way too scared of pain.
17. First piercing? My ears, and have also done my belly, although took my belly ring out cos it supposedly messes with conception meridians etc (not that it helped much not having one thus far).
18. First foreign country you went to? Egypt.
19. First movie you remember seeing? ET, I SO wanted to be Drew Barrymore…
20. What state did you first live in? Johannesburg, SA – we moved a LOT as kids.
21. Who was your first room mate? Andrew Rossetenstein – we lived together at Bakubung in our own party house!
22. When was your first detention? Ok nerd alert, I never got detention. Ever.
23. If you had one wish what would it be? To experience a pregnancy and become a mother throught that experience.
24. What is one thing you would learn, given the chance? How to dance, really dance. And photography. (know that’s two but it’s my blog and I’ll type if I want to)